The Anchorage Park Foundation is a nonprofit organization that builds Healthy Parks & Healthy People by mobilizing public support and financial resources for Anchorage parks, trails, and recreation opportunities.
The Anchorage Park Foundation is seeking a part-time Office and Grants Manager.
Status: Part-time non-exempt
Reports to: Community Outreach Director. Acts as part of a cohesive team to achieve APF mission and goals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Grants Management Support (65%): Manages grant reporting for federal, state, local and private grants with direction from the Community Outreach Director. Completes financial and narrative reporting and involves program staff, park planners, and leadership as necessary. This entails pre-award management, acknowledgement, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, and post-award management.
- Grant Research and Writing (10%): Researches potential funding sources. Collaborates with program and planning staff to identify and seek grant funding from a variety of sources, including federal, state, and private grantors. Writes letters of interest and grants with support of program staff.
- Office Administration (25%): Ensures we are ship-shape! Prepares weekly payment requests and bank deposits for bookkeeper. Manages insurance policies or other operations documents. Designs and maintains paper and digital filing systems. Liaisons with IT when required. Assists Executive Director as available with special projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES – you are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A passion for parks and recreation as cornerstones of a healthy community
- Organizational skills and detailed approach to communication and record-keeping
- Effective communication skills in written and verbal forms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with great Excel skills; comfort with Quickbooks
- An ability to proactively solve problems; independent and self-directed work style
- A willingness to learn what you do not know
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
This position offers a competitive salary and a flexible scheduling and work environment.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Info@AnchorageParkFoundation.org by Sunday, March 26. Include the name of your favorite park or trail in the subject line.