Features & Amenities
- Accessible play equipment for 2-5 year olds
- Accessible play equipment for 5-12 year olds
- On-street parking
Fifth and sixth graders from Tyson Elementary graded this Mountain View neighborhood park in 2008 with support from the Mountain View Weed & Seed Program. We took their advice! In the summer of 2009, Parks & Recreation staff, park neighbors and volunteers from Grace Works:
- Removed alder overgrowth from walkways through park, improving sight lines and making the park much safer
- Painted all of the bollards surrounding the park
- Added a new sign on bollard in pathway entrance to park to improve park accessibility
- Installed new park rules sign to encourage safe and healthy park enjoyment
- Installed new dog station and new trash cans to promote a clean park
- Replenished pea gravel “landing area” surrounding play equipment
- Sanded and repainted play equipment to remove graffiti
- Removed dead plants & replanted perennial bed
- Removed damaged and unnecessary fencing, enhancing the park’s appearance and accessibility
For more details on the accomplishments in this and other neighborhood parks, please read the 2009 Neighborhood Park Fix-It Summary Report.
This park was acquired in 1968 by patent to the city.