Features & Amenities
- Play equipment for 2-5 year olds
- Play equipment for 5-12 year olds
- On-street parking
During “Standish Park Week” in May 2009, volunteers from Royal Caribbean cruise lines “Cleaned and Greened” Standish Park. Volunteers removed graffiti, weeded, improved visibility, added a new trash can and made safety improvements. To celebrate the Standish Park Makeover, the Parks & Recreation Department organized a Standish Park Block Party. Over 75 neighbors came out to celebrate their revitalized park with a BBQ, games for kids, playground fun, facepainting and a teen art showcase. Throughout “Standish Park Week”, staff and volunteers:
- Removed broken fences
- Installed new park rules sign and dog station
- Replaced the spring toy in the play area
- Replenished pea gravel in play area to improve safety
- Removed graffiti and cleaned play equipment
For more details on the accomplishments in this and other neighborhood parks, please read the 2009 Neighborhood Park Fix-It Summary Report.
This property was donated in 1972, and developed with play equipment in 1982 using a legislative grant. In 1995, the play equipment was replaced.
For more information on Park Report Cards in general, click here.