Features & Amenities
- Open playfield
- Accessible play equipment for 2-5 year olds
- Accessible play equipment for 5-12 year olds
- Little League ball field
- Access to Chester Creek Trail
- Covered Shelter
- Picnic tables and benches
- Portable restrooms available from May through August
- Parking lot with 41 spaces
- Part of the Chester Creek Greenbelt
The Municipality of Anchorage purchased the first section of this parkland in 1955, and an additional portion was purchased
from Grace Gay in 1960. The park was named Valley of the Moon after the Indian name for Sonoma Valley in California, where Jack London lived in later years.
This park is known in the Anchorage community for the rocketship play equipment, which was originally installed in the 1960s and replaced in 1998.
For more information on Park Report Cards in general, click here.