We are partnering with the Anchorage School District to have a city-wide competition to name the polar bear! The winning student will get his story printed on a plaque next to the playground, and a pizza party for his classroom!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is eligible? All K-6 students
- When is the deadline? Friday, January 11, 2013
- How long should the stories be? 1-5 paragraphs
- Do you want them illustrated? We would love them to be, but it’s not mandatory for a submission
- Do they have to be illustrated? Nope
- If they are illustrated should it be in marker or crayon? Either!
- Do the stories need to be in ink or pencil? Either
- How do I turn them in if I don’t have internet access? You can mail them to us at 715 L St. Anchorage, AK 99501.
- What format should they submitted in? Either paper or online through email to shannon@
Pictured from left to right: Elizabeth Hornbuckle, Principal of Russian Jack Elementary School and Heather Mildon, Principal of Chester Valley Elementary School; Jayson Smart of the Rasumuson Foundation; Senator Bill Wielechowski, and group photo including Beth Nordlund, APF Executive Director; Kathleen Plunkett, Russian Jack Community Council; and Bill Bittner, APF Board of Directors.