Anchorage Park Foundation’s Youth Employment in Parks program is hiring a seasonal YEP Project Crew Leader and YEP Senior Crew Members. Learn more and apply through the Municipality of Anchorage website at the links. Close date Monday 5/4/2015.
Anchorage Park Foundation is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern. Learn more and apply below. Close date Friday 5/8/2015.
Marketing & Communications Intern
Anchorage Park Foundation is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern to assist in raising awareness of the organization and mission and assisting with summer engagement events.
This paid internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a non-profit organization that is making a difference in quality of life for Anchorage. The Marketing & Communications Intern will report directly to the Director of Philanthropy, and also work closely with program staff for Youth Employment in Parks as well as city park planners.
This position is 32-40 hours/week.
Location: Anchorage, AK
Start Date: Monday, June 1st – end of August, with possibility to extend
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday, occasional Saturdays
Compensation: $12-$13 /hour
You are an ideal candidate if you…
• Are passionate about youth, education, stewardship or the outdoors
• Like a great excuse to be outside on sunny days
• Enjoy celebrating achievements with others
• Have excellent communication skills
• Want skill-building experience in a dynamic partnership environment
• Updating and maintaining APF social media, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and Facebook/Twitter updates, and running campaigns
• Relaunching the APF Instagram account with fresh exciting periodic content; growing the follower base
• Expanding the APF media library with photos and videos to help promote projects, program and mission
• Creating or compiling content, stories, photos and video for weekly Youth Employment in Parks e-newsletter and monthly summer APF e-newsletter
• Drafting, distributing, and pitching news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Managing editorial and event calendars
• Engaging with public at volunteer work days, donor events, park ribbon cuttings and other events
• Designing flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing materials
• Updating the APF website
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, tools and trends for marketing and communications
• Build your portfolio of work and establish employment reference from a well-known non-profit
• Work with a dynamic, fun team that values younger perspectives
• Have a hand in making Anchorage a better place to live, work, and play
• Flexible scheduling
• Get paid to be outdoors!
• Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well independently and within a team
• Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
• Grasp of available tools and platforms in social media
• Familiarity with website content management systems and e-campaign platforms
• Completed or working toward college degree, preferably in a related field like marketing, journalism, communications
• Understanding of basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
• Must be computer literate. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator highly desired.
• Access to your own vehicle makes this job easier!
Send your cover letter and resume to Jess Rude at Jess@AnchorageParkFoundation.org. Please include your favorite park or trail in the subject line.