@Westchester Lagoon Nature Trail
We have our winners!
First place: Savannah Bickley, Moose Bench, King Career Center
Second Place: Kacy Grundhauser, Eco-Bench, King Career Center
The Contest (closed)
We incited high school students to submit their ideas and designs for a custom chair(s) to be permanently installed at the Westchester Lagoon Nature Trail. This is part of a larger project of improvements that are being made to the trail.
- Individual seats shall be a minimum 16”-18” wide and 12” deep
- Seat height shall be 14”-17” measured from the ground
- Chairs should plan to hold a minimum of 400 pounds per seat
- Chairs may offer seating for up to 3 people
- Chairs are intended to be constructed and permanently installed
- Chairs should serve the function of a seat, not a bed
- Ask Questions: There are no dumb questions.
- Submit your Design: This is really important.
Describe your creative solution(s) on 3 sheets of 8.5”x11” paper (6 sides) in any way you like. Sketches, diagrams, and images are encouraged. Don’t forget your name, school, and contact information.
- We encourage participants to consider developing design proposals that are portfolio-worthy. This is an opportunity to generate ideas and materials that are appropriate for applying to programs or universities for admission, bolster grant and scholarship applications, or begin a profitable business enterprise.
- Have Fun: This isn’t intended to be too painful or overly complex.
Contest has ended
Hosted by the Anchorage Park Foundation, Municipality of Anchorage Parks + Recreation Department, Alaska Chapter of American Society of Landscape Architects, Anchorage School District, and the Anchorage Schools on Trails Program.