Not sure if your project idea meets our award criteria? Take our five question Eligibility Quiz!
Award and Term Criteria
- Project ideas must be located on municipal parkland or in a parks facility
- Project ideas must be able to be completed by September 30, 2020
- Project ideas must benefit the public
- A demonstrated, achievable 1:1 match to complete the project idea is required
- Matching funds must be able to be unlocked by earned financial donations, volunteer labor, and/or in-kind services or materials
- Matching funds may not include federal funds or funds from sources outside of Alaska
- Matching funds may include grant funds, with discussion and approval of APF
- Donations, volunteer labor, in-kind services and materials you raise are only eligible for matching grant funds if sought after the Community Challenge Grant award date.
- Grantees may raise more for their project than the awarded challenge grant amount, but APF will not match additional funds than an original matching award
Awarding Considerations and Priorities
May include, but aren’t limited to project ideas that:
- Meet an identified public need
- Engage various user groups and involve neighborhoods to accomplish goals
- Are supported by a wide variety of people and organizations
- Are endorsed by a community council
- Fit within an approved master park plan
- Have feasible budgets and clear proposals
- Promote opportunities for increased individual and community health
- Elevate community inclusion, accessibility, and inclusivity
- Connect youth to the outdoors
- Are located in parks or trails with existing funded project plans (such as existing or proposed park bond projects)
- Contribute both volunteer labor hours and financial resources to unlock matching grant funds
- Utilize volunteers to complete project labor
- Utilize Youth Employment in Parks work crews
- Demonstrate plans to evaluate the success of the completed project and ensure its continued maintenance
The Application period is now closed. Grant awards will be announced in May 2019.
General questions can be directed to Connor Keesecker at Connor@AnchorageParkFoundation.org
APF Community Challenge Grants are made possible with generous support by the Rasmuson Foundation.