- This event has passed.
May 5, 2023 @ 8:00 am - June 3, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Get outside with your family and help us clean Anchorage in May! As the snow melts, Anchorage is left with lots of trash on the ground. Learn more
WHEN IS CITYWIDE CLEANUP?
May 5 – June 3, 2023. We have partnered with local businesses who understand how important cleanup is for our city, and we’re working on ways to make it safe and successful. We’re keeping this event a month long to allow time for the snow to melt and for more participation!
WHERE DO I GET ORANGE BAGS?
Look for the info buttons on the map below. Pick up your official Citywide Cleanup orange bags at your local Fred Meyer or Rec Center.
- Fred Meyer Anchorage
- Fred Meyer Eagle River
- Anchorage Rec Centers
- 94.7 Alternative Anchorage
- Northern Waste
If your team has a larger order and would like to pick them up at the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, please fill out the request form here.
WHERE I DISPOSE ORANGE BAGS?
Please do not leave trash along the side of the road. The bags will not be picked up. You will be able to dump orange bags for free at participating locations. See the map locations with our disposal icons for Citywide Cleanup dedicated dumpsters. For SWS Free Dump Passes, click here.
- Anchorage Regional Landfill (Eagle River) 15500 Eagle River Loop, Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 5pm, Saturday, 8am – 5pm
- Central Transfer Station (Mid-town Anchorage)
- For Orange Bags use the Residential Side: 54th & Juneau St, Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm
- Northern Waste, 1111 E. Dowling Rd.
HOW DO I CLEAN UP SAFELY?
- Remember to wear gloves while picking up trash and an orange safety vest if cleaning roadways or intersections.
- Bring sturdy plastic containers suitable for sharps like used needles. These could be medical sharps containers designed for needle collection, available at some pharmacies, or thick plastic jugs for detergent, kitty litter, or shampoo (water bottles are too thin and can be punctured.) Here’s a flier from the state health department on safe needle disposal.
- Please be aware of private property boundaries and ask permission to clean these areas.