Features & Amenities
- Play equipment for 2-5 year olds
- Play equipment for 5-12 year olds
- Climbing wall
- Two tennis courts
- Two Little League baseball fields
- Picnic tables
- Large grill
- Trails and access to the Coastal Trail
- Parking lot with 44 spaces
- TREEriffic planted trees as part of 2006 Anchorage Park Foundation Challenge Grant project
The park is named for the land donor, Mr. Lyn Ary, who emigrated to Alaska from Russia after World War I. He homesteaded all the land west of Turnagain Parkway. After his death, a portion of his homestead was dedicated for public use as parkland.
The first development of the park was the construction of a Babe Ruth baseball field. In 1971, the Parks & Recreation Department added a tennis court, drinking fountain and picnic furniture. In 1996, community volunteers installed new play equipment.