Visit Jobs with Youth Employment in Parks to learn more about open positions.
Youth Employment in Parks (YEP) aims to positively engage a new generation of diverse young leaders as conservation stewards of public lands and of the Anchorage community through meaningful job training, employment and education. YEP was accredited in 2014 by the Corps Network! Read the 2014 YEP Annual Report here.
YEP is a 10 week summer program that hires Anchorage teens to complete park improvement projects. Teens learn natural resource management job skills by building trails and restoring stream banks while engaging in education increasing civic engagement, environmental awareness, and leadership skills.
- YEP creates meaningful first job experiences and career pathways for youth to work in natural resources job fields
- YEP inspires youth to embrace nature while encouraging healthy lifestyles
- YEP prepares youth to become effective, contributing citizens and employees through character development and community action skills training
- YEP contributes to the community by improving parks and recreation spaces
Who are YEP crew members?
YEP crew members represent all neighborhoods and communities in Anchorage. To become a YEP crew member you must meet the following qualifications:
• a resident of the Municipality of Anchorage
• 16-19 years old on June 1st, 2015
• engaged in high school or GED education
To learn more about applying, contact Steve@AnchorageParkFoundation.org at 907.343.4287.
YEP crew members develop job skills by working on Anchorage municipal park improvement projects. Projects may include soft surface trail construction and rehabilitation, stream bank and habitat restoration, park beautification, and landscaping.
For more about past projects and activities: