Vote by Mail Begins: March 15, 2021
Voting Ends: April 6, 2021
Voter Registration Deadline: March 7, 2021
Our parks and trails have been there for us during this pandemic. Now they need us. We get the chance to invest in our community through the park and recreation bond in the March municipal election. Public parks are essential to healthy, resilient communities all the time, but this pandemic underscores the importance of close-to-home parks. Urban access to outdoor recreation and nature is more than a coronavirus-era necessity. It is vital to the health of our community.
The 2021 Parks Bond totals $3.9 million and leverages $5.5 million in federal match. In 2020, Anchorage municipal voters saw a $1.68 per $100,000 of assessed value on their home and provided $4 million in capital investment in our community. That’s a great return on your investment! Taxpayers in Chugiak, Eagle River, and Girdwood reside outside of the Anchorage Parks and Recreation Service Area so their property taxes will not be affected by a YES vote.
2021 Anchorage Park Bond Projects:
Learn more about each proposed project from the Municipal Parks and Recreation Department.
- Athletic Fields Safety Improvements
- Campbell Creek Trail Rehabilitation and Wayfinding
- Chanshtnu Muldoon Park Phase 2
- Chester Creek Complex ADA and Security Upgrades
- Fish Creek Trail to the Ocean
- KFQD Park Inclusive Play and ADA Access
- Maintenance Facility Safety Upgrades in Eagle River
- Northeast Connector Trail Final
- Russian Jack Springs Park Safety and ADA Improvements
- South Anchorage Sports Park
- Taku Lake Park
- Tony Knowles Coastal to Ship Creek Trail
- Ure Park Connection to Fish Creek Trail
This communication paid for by Anchorage Park Foundation/3201 C Street Suite 110 Anchorage, AK 99503/Beth Nordlund, Executive Director/I Beth Nordlund/ approved this message