Features & Amenities
- Accessible play equipment for 2-5 year olds
- Accessible play equipment for 5-12 year olds
- Picnic tables, benches and a grill
- On street parking
We worked with community volunteers like you to revitalize Cope Street Park in summer 2011!
What we did:
- Removed Graffiti
- Replaced Trash Cans and Picnic Tables
- Added Benches
- Improved Informal North Pathway to 4′ D-1 Path
- Repaired Existing Play Equipment
- Installed 881 Square Feet of Pavers for Seating Area
- Upgraded Sign, Kiosk at Entrance
Total Park Improvements Value: $38,000
In Fall 2008, over 1,000 Anchorage parks supporters participated in grading neighborhood parks for the Anchorage Parks Report Card. The Anchorage Park Foundation and the Parks & Recreation Department use information from these “Fix-It Lists” to engage Neighborhood Park Committees in planning Fix-It efforts in parks.
The APF is proud to fund neighborhood park fix-its with support from the Rasmuson Foundation and a $45,700 2010 Alaska State Legislative Capital Grant for Cope Street Park.
This parkland was purchased in 1972 with bond and Housing & Urban Development funding and named after the street where it is located. The park equipment was upgraded in 2001.